Sunday, January 20
Join us on January 20th at Staunton State Park for the Second Annual Staunton Blizzard, the Front Range Fat Bike Race! A big, fat, fun day of racing for two great causes.
Amateur course: A beautiful 12.1 mile loop that includes the following trails: Staunton Ranch - Borderline - Mason Creek. Fatties rollout at 8,100 feet for a route that includes 2,000 feet of breathtaking elevation gain
Elite course: A challenging 18 mile route. Trails to be announced.
The race categories:
• Masters Men’s (age 46 and above)
• Masters Women’s (age 46 and above)
• Senior Men’s (age 21-45)
• Senior Women’s (age 21-45)
• Junior Men’s (age 20 and under)
• Junior Women’s (age 20 and under)
• Elite course
Check-in begins at 8:15.
Races begin at 9:00
Interested but not racing? After the race categories, join a “Smiles and Miles” group to ride this beautiful course.
1. We love fat biking and we want others to love it too! Because we know great trail conditions can make a good day into an awesome day, Big Ring Cycles and Peak Cycles have partnered with 285 Nordic and Staunton State Park to raise money for grooming equipment at Staunton. Join us in building a great location for fat bike riders for years to come, right here in the front range.
2. We believe in supporting and encouraging young cyclists in this great sport so we will also be raising funds for the High School Cycling League. In 2018, the High Schooll League had 1383 riders building strong minds, bodies, and character one pedal stroke at a time.Join us in supporting the future of cycling!
Your $60 registration fee includes:
• Park entry fee
• Race timing and awards
• Pre-race coffee by Bona Coffee Roasters
• Delicious BBQ lunch by Smokey J’s
• Beer by Dive Bar Beer and beverages
• Race t-shirt for pre-registered riders - while they last
• Cookies baked on-site by Foley from Shimano
• Donation to 285 Nordic to purchase grooming equipment for Staunton State Park and the High School Cycling League.
If we have snow, the trails will be groomed for fat bike use.
This is a fat bike race only. A minimum 3.8" tire size is required for all racers.
Participating sponsors: Big Ring Cycles, 285 Nordic, Peak Cycles, Bona Coffee Roasters, Dive Bar Beer, Staunton State Park