Staunton Fattie Frenzy
Sunday, February 24
Join us for a celebration of front range fat biking featuring a fast-paced and spectator-friendly 8-lap circuit race. Racers can go solo or in teams of 2 or 4 on the 1.5 mile loop so gather your friends, plan your costumes (optional), and get ready for some fat fun.
Prizes for fastest individuals, and men’s, women’s and co-ed teams, best costumes and other fat bike shenanigans! For the more laid back, we’re planning a 7-9 mile go-easy group led ride. Sure to be a whole lot of fun for two great causes - grooming equipment to make fat biking at Staunton a blast for years to come and the future of the sport with the High School Cycling League!
The race categories:
• Team of 4 ($30 per racer)
• Team of 2 ($40 per racer)
• Individual ($50 per racer)
- Fun ride
8:30 am Check-in begins
9:30 Races begin
9:45 Fun Ride begins
11:00 Party begins
1. We love fat biking and we want others to love it too! Because we know great trail conditions can make a good day into an awesome day, Big Ring Cycles and Peak Cycles have partnered with 285 Nordic and Staunton State Park to raise money for grooming equipment at Staunton. Join us in building a great location for fat bike riders for years to come, right here in the front range.
2. We believe in supporting and encouraging young cyclists in this great sport so we will also be raising funds for the High School Cycling League. In 2018, the High School League had 1383 riders building strong minds, bodies, and character one pedal stroke at a time. Join us in supporting the future of cycling!
Your registration fee includes:
• Park entry fee
• Race timing and awards
• Delicious lunch
• Beer and beverages
• Donation to 285 Nordic for grooming equipment for Staunton State Park and the High School Cycling League.
If we have snow, the trails will be groomed for fat bike use.
This is a fat bike race only. A minimum 3.8" tire size is required for all racers.
Participating sponsors: Big Ring Cycles, 285 Nordic, Peak Cycles, Staunton State Park