We're looking for road riders to lead weekly group rides leaving at 6:00 pm from Big Ring Cycles on Thursdays for the 2018 season. Be the occasional ride leader - with no weekly or even monthly commitment. However, the more you lead, the more benefits you receive!
Each week we will have two rides heading out from the shop: 1) a training ride with riders regrouping after major climbs and 2) a no-drop rec ride geared for ALL abilities. Routes for all rides are here. Each ride will have a leader and a sweeper.
Wheels down for both rides at 6:00pm sharp.
Because we want everyone to enjoy these rides (including our ride leaders), we’d like to avoid riding in pouring rain, thunderstorms or high winds. If the ride is going to be canceled due to weather, we will post on our Facebook page by 2:00pm
Besides your friendly, encouraging demeanor, we have a few other simple requirements:
• Rear safety light
• Repair kit
• Every rider will need to sign a waiver once for the season
• Ride leader jersey - complete with laundry service!. Big Ring is creating a cool, custom Cuore jersey for ride leaders and sweepers. The jersey will be left at the shop each week and we will launder. (How often does someone offer to do your laundry!) Ride leaders have the option to purchase this special jersey at our cost.
• Share the rides with your friends and tag us on your social media posts!
@bigringcycles or #bigringcycles
Get rewarded for riding your bike!
• Receive a $20 store credit for each ride led or swept
• Enjoy a fun, year-end party in November
• The person who leads or sweeps the most rides by the end of the season will be handsomely rewarded at the year-end party (Big Ring employees are not eligible!)
• Option to purchase ride leader jersey at cost
(And don’t forget that jersey laundry service for loaner jerseys!)
An online sign-up sheet will be available on the first of each month for the second month out. For example, our initial sign-up is for March and April. On April 1, the sign-up will be available for the month of May, and so on.
Sign-up list is here.
Once you’ve signed up, you’re committed. However, we know crisis happen. If you are unable to lead a ride you have signed up for, you MUST email Helen (email@example.com) by NOON at the latest.